Job Title: Academic student advisor / Promotion specialist
Institution: Jagiellonian University in Kraków, Institute of European Studies
Location: Reymonta 4, Kraków, Poland
Number of Openings: 1
Hours: 40 hours per week (full-time)
Job type: Umowa o pracę
Closing Date: September 25, 2022
The Institute of European Studies at the Jagiellonian University in Kraków is looking for a communicative and dynamic person to join its team, which caters to a large pool of Polish and international BA and MA students. We pride ourselves on our high standard of student services and seek to employ a person who will act as an academic student advisor as well as help us promote and develop our Polish-taught programmes and maintain Institute’s website. We offer a friendly, international and dynamic atmosphere, an excellent location in the heart of the city centre, and experience in one of the most successful international departments of the Jagiellonian University in Kraków.
Qualifications / Requirements
Required Qualifications & Education:
- Excellent English language skills (minimum B2 in the Common European Framework Reference for Languages CERF)
- Excellent Polish language skills (C1 in the CEFR) or native speaker of Polish
- Higher Education (minimum MA), preferably in social sciences or humanities
Specialist Knowledge and IT Skills:
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent command of social media tools for communication
- Knowledge of online marketing strategies and channels
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Excellent intercultural communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills in English and Polish
- Able to work independently but also be a team player
- With excellent organisational and time-management skills
Academic student advisor for MA and BA in European Studies and IMESS programmes:
- Providing support for students of English-taught programmes: MA (1st and 2nd year), BA (1st, 2nd and 3rd year) and IMESS (double degree Master's programme) in terms of the study programme, correspondence, and schedule of classes;
- Participation in the organization of the recruitment and selection process of candidates for the above-mentioned study programs;
- Taking care of the implementation of the IMESS program in accordance with the consortium agreement;
- Preparing and updating the Student Handbook for MA and BA and MA / BA Thesis Handbook, IMESS Handbook (in cooperation with the deputy head of studies);
- Organization of Visiting Professors' visits to ISE;
- Initiating and supporting students' activities in their functioning in the academic community, ongoing student service and monitoring their educational progress;
- Assisting with other administrative duties related to the functioning of the Institute of European Studies.
Activities related to the ISE website and promotion of Polish-language study programmes:
- Creating the content & updating information for the website of the Institute of European Studies;
- Promotion of the Polish-taught programmes;
- Close cooperation with the administrator of the ISE website and other people involved in the promotion of English-taught study programmes,
- Participation in meetings and work for the ISE promotion team.
A shortlist of candidates will be contacted and invited for a second round of interviews at the end of September 2022.
The position starting date is the beginning of October, 2022.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV via email to: email@example.com with the title: job posting – Academic student advisor / promotion specialist by September 25, 2022 , 11:59 pm. CEST.
Full description in pdf is available here.