The Department of Mediterranean Politics and Culture
of the Institute of European Studies at the Jagiellonian University
cordially invites you to an international online academic conference
“European cities in the process of constructing and transmitting
European cultural heritage”
The conference is the outcome of an international project carried out at the Institute of European Studies of the Jagiellonian University, as part of the Erasmus+ Programme (Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices. Strategic Partnerships for higher education: nr ref. 2018-1-PL01-KA203-050963).
The conference will be an opportunity to discuss the issues of constructing and transferring the cultural heritage of Europe, its multicultural image, and its international character in selected European cities.
Within the framework of this overarching idea for the meeting, we will also cover the following issues:
- Cities as shaping the sense of social and cultural unity of Europeans, strengthening of European identity and active citizenship
- European cultural heritage as shaping city narrative
- Common past - common heritage - common future for Europeans
- European cities in the face of cultural diffusion and migration in Europe
- Memory, oblivion and nostalgia in the symbolic space of European cities
- The "new European Bauhaus" - European cities and their legacy after the pandemic.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic restrictions, the conference will be held online on the Microsoft Teams platform.
The organisers plan to publish selected conference papers in Politeja: The Journal of the Faculty of International and Political Studies of the Jagiellonian University.
Conference participation is free of charge, whereas in the case of qualifying articles for publication, a fee of 45 € will be required.